Saturday, August 22, 2015

Autumn Clemitis CU Blooming in the Neighborhood

This should have been posted Fri. 8/21/2015.  My neighbor's Autumn Clematis (Clematis paniculata) is blooming.   It is very fragrant and one of those images you wish the photo could capture that fragrance.  This plant is growing around her lamp post.  It was captured in the evening and in a shaded area.  I hope I can find one in the neighborhood that blooms in a sunny area and do more of a macro image. I usually see this blooming in September. I hope I can find one in the neighborhood that blooms in a sunny area and do more of a macro image. I usually see this blooming in September.
Native Camera app- HDR.  Post processing in PSE 11.

Sweet Autumn Clematis becomes a silvery mass of fluffy seed heads in the fall.  It is a prolific, small-flowered species that will look equally impressive covering an upscale arbor or embellishing a utilitarian fence or garden shed. It is a hardy climber and can reach a height of 30 ft, but can be kept in check if stems cut back in spring.  It blooms on the current year's growth and will thrive and bloom well in partial shade.  Usually does not bloom the first year, but expect them to begin blooing the second year.


No comments:

Post a Comment