Saturday, August 8, 2015

Small Hen and Chick Succlent - Macro Center

Today I went to the Yanceyville Farmer's Curb Market.  One of the vendors was selling small succulent plants. I have always liked the texture or structure of the leaves of this "Hen & Chick"** plant.  I chose a cultivar with pink tones to the outer leaves.  The vendor said it will grow rapidly if I plant in a bigger pot with sandy soil.  I only wanted to capture the center.  Used square mode in Native Camera app with HDR.  Minimal editing in PSE 11.  Right image I decided to try for an altered image with the posterize filter which is my of my favorites.  I am sure I will be taking more images as this plant grows.  It is supposed to winter over.  However, succulents are great container plants.  It could be brought inside to enjoy in the winter.  
**See link for more info:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hen_and_chicks


No comments:

Post a Comment