Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Bee on Sea Hollyl Blossom - MaryJo Wilson's Garden

I have been trying to capture a bee on a flower image all summer.  This is the first one I could see the face.  These are sea holly blooms.  Usually I can only capture "butt" images because bees are always on the move and with digitial delay other images have ended up in the trash.  This one has it's own faults as there is pixelization in his head which is related to cropping a downzied image. With macro images you have a very shallow depth of field which why the blossom on the left out of focus.. Very difficult to determine the bee's next movement. It was taken early evening so I may have done better with sunlight as.would have been higher shutter speed.  I used PSE 11 for editing. A vignette was applied after cropping.

No comments:

Post a Comment