Sunday, August 9, 2015

Pomegranate Blossom Midsummer - Azalea Leaves as Background

One of my neighbors has a Pomegranate (Punica ranatum) shrub/tree. His is an ornamental cultivar and the fruit is very small -no real pulp - just alot of seed.  This plant flowers spring through summer with bright coral, red,  or varigated coral flowers.  I picked one of the blossoms to be able to get a better close up shot with the owner's permission, and it did not include a lot of leaves.  It is difficult with an iPhone to hold the flower and then use the Carolina blue sky as a background to get a sharp image like I can do with my P & S digital camera.  So, I used my neighbor's azalea bush foliage for the background. Native camera app, HDR mode, no post processing.  Could have probably sharpened and cloned out the white area to the lower right corner or cropped to square format.  .  

No comments:

Post a Comment