Monday, September 21, 2015

Downtown Greensboro Tall Buildings from Stairs of Elm St. Parking Deck


'Ok just to show you a different venue than taking flowers, I went to downtown GSO yesterday and was trying to take images of buildings. Having a blast with taking photos with my iPhone 5S but it does have
issues with distortion and you can't always move your body to get a better angle.  I know I took it with the Native camera app HDR mode so sky more blue that "NC Blue".  I did some post processing in Photoshop Elements 11.  I will have to look at what apps will be available with the new iOS 8.  Since the sun is shining I am off to Elon College to see if any buildings there.   Then later in afternoon going to the Texas Pete Culinary Festival in W-S.  It will be crowded.   Got to take images while the sun shines.'Today I got a reminder from Facebook that I had posted this iPhone image a year ago.  I was in downtown Greensboro, NC,  and wanting to get some architectural shots. These are challenging with the wide angle lens of the iPhone as buildings can be distorted . This image was taken with the 5s HDR mode.  I was going up the stairs of the parking deck off Elm Street.  It was about noon - 1 PM on a Sunday and not many people around. I did not have the SKWRT app but liked this shot and was recently thinking about taking it again. Pushed exposure sliders and sharpening to get the effect I wanted with PSE 11.    

No comments:

Post a Comment