Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Lobelia Cardinalis - near Nannette's mailbox

L
Lobelia Cardinalis (Cardinal Flower) is a plant I have growing by my mailbox.  It usually blooms in August and September.  I decided to take the left image from the top down as it had clusters at the top which is an unusual formation for this plant.  It is usually a single stem (right image) wit\h blossoms starting to bloom at the bottom and evetually bloom at the top.  It is a great plant for hummingbirds.  I had a difficult time getting a good background because this plant by a mailbox and near the curb/street. The right image I used the Old Confederate Rose leaves as a background  Images shot in Camera+.  Editing done in PSE 11.  In the right orignal image the beetles had "done a number" on the leaves with holes.  I did use the healing brush and clone tool to try eliminate them.


No comments:

Post a Comment