Monday, September 14, 2015

Mystery Blossom from Neighbor's Yard

This image should have been posted Sat. Sept. 12th
I took this image at my hair dresser's in her border area in front of her house.  I have admired this blossom for years and can't wait till August when these plants start blooming. I need to get some seeds to try to plant some in my yard.  She does not know the name nor how it got there as she said she did not plant it.  I love the coral color.  It is some type of low growing hibiscus if you look at the stamen.   Camera+ HDR, edited in PSE 11. Taken as  horizontal 3 x 5 but cropped to square. I got a little too close to the top border. Unfortunately these flowers do not make good cut flowers to put in water, and on the stem bloom less than 24 hours.  They close up early in the evening.  

No comments:

Post a Comment