Monday, September 14, 2015

OrnamentalGinger Lily (Ms Elizabeth) from Nannette's Yard

This image should have been posted Fri., Sept. 11th. This image is of an ornamental ginger lily from my garden. The stalk is over 7 feet tall and the siding on my house would not have made a good background.  I decided to bend the stem down and use the green lawn for a background.  This culrtivar is Ms. Elizabeth and it blooms earlier than the white cultivar I have.  It is also much shorter and should be able to get a better close up. The flower head blooms in stages and by the time the top has blossoms prime, the lower ones are looking wilted, etc.   Camera+, Edited slightly in PSE 11. If I have more blooms I may  try a still life with a stalk when top blossoms in bloom--may be able to get a better close up of the blossoms.  This plant is considered subtropical but I have had this plant winter over for 2 years and given away some baby plants.  

No comments:

Post a Comment