Sunday, September 20, 2015

Pirate Day at Jam,estown, NC City Park Festival 9/19/2015

Yesterday there was a Pirate Day at City Lake Park, Jamestown, NC.  I wanted to see if there were some photo opportunities there. I went after 2 PM and stayed to watch the small cannons being fired off after 3PM.   I only got one image of a pirate with the iPhone because most of the images I took with a Nikon P600.   The lighting situation was not good as the pirates were often in a mixed lighting situration which is not handled well by the iPhone.  I also needed more border around his left elbow. Even this image if you look close has digital noise due to high ISO. It was diffiult to capture him because he was constantly pacing while talking.  I learned a lot about pirates. Some were dressed to the 9s in Pirate garb, others had the workman type garb that would do the grunt work while sailing. It might have worked better if I used fill in flash for this image, but just because you choose that mode, does not mean the flash is always goingt to go off.  Just for the record, I do not like taking images of people and have very little experience with street photography.  I do not have a telephoto zoom lens for my iPhone.  Shot in Camera+, edited in PSE 11.

No comments:

Post a Comment