Sunday, December 20, 2015

Cut Glass Pieces Mosaic - Backdoor Accident - CU

It is getting to the point in this 365 challenge that it is more difficult to find images because flowers are not blooming and most trees have lost their leaves. No snow yet and frost unreliable.. About 2 years ago I had to break into my back door which resulted in broken glass.  I saved some pieces in a rubbermaid container. I was always going to make a "Cracked Glass" album (before I got my iPhone), but that has not happened.  So this a.m. I used a light blue piece of cardstock as a background and placed some small pieces of glass in mosaic fashion on it.  Then I took a close up in the shade on my deck area.with Camera+ app.  The image on the left is the original and you can see a few specks and reflections which in the image on the right I removed  most of these with the healing tool in PSE 11. Then I used the filter "cut out" which further defines the lines. This is an image that you could spend hours looking at different effects. Tomorrow will use a piece that did not shatter.

No comments:

Post a Comment