Friday, December 11, 2015

Italian Anise Cookies with Holly Sprig

Time for Holiday baking to begin.   Thurs. our Herb Study Group had a cookie exchange. I made Italian Anise Cookies.  I took this image with 3 cookies placed on a white paper plate with a small dollie as both items were matte  using a piece of navy blue polyester fabric. The paper plate avoided glare like china/dinnerware usually gives off.   iPhone 6, edited with PSE 11. Taken about 5 PM and starting to get dusk. So, I changed color variation to decrease blue and lighten from the original which I felt  had a blue tone. I used the healing brush to delete white artifacts on the navy blue material . I found a native holly sprig along a roadside and clipped a piece to include in the photo.  I may stamp a sentiment like Merry Christmas to place on the plate..  Then I could use for a greeting card.  Recipe from www.food.com.

December 14th.   Just could not get the image to be light enough and still see the doily pattern.   So, I decided to take another image with a red fleece material as the background.  Also went outside earlier in the afternoon.  I actually shot the right image with the camera in Instagram.   Did not apply any filters.  Immediately posted to Facebook page as well as Instagram.  

No comments:

Post a Comment