Monday, December 21, 2015

Shattered Glass with Clarity = Altered Image


Today I am using a photo I took of a shatter glass section from my backdoor fiasco.  I took with Camera+ and used macro mode to zoom in.a section of the piece I liked.   You can see it has texture but really appears a blah color beneath the glass and edges not very well defined.  Could use as texture in a digital collage. I  used light blue cardstock for background.  This is the type of image I say...."what if I tried this app" or filter.  I got some real surprises.  Just using clarityin Camera+ app completely changed the colors.  See Right image. I even tried invert filter in PSE which changed to all different colors of orange and yellow. The right image would make a great background for a greeting card, but, do not want to think about how much ink it would use.  The photo on the left is the original taken in shaded area on deck  The image on the right has just the clarity filter in Camera+ applied.  Then in PSE 11 I used auto fixed Lighten & Darken plus sharpened to the max which defines the shards of glass better.  Who would think you could make something out of nothing at all. It really looks like an abstract painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment