Friday, December 25, 2015

Hickory Nuts CU from Shagbark Hickory Tree - Greenhill Cemetary

This image should have been posted Thurs., Dec. 24th.  This was an image of some hickory nuts from the shagbark hickory tree.  If you look close there may be some holes in the shells of some  The outer hard shell had been removed before I picked them up from the ground.  I cracked open the shell tof one to see how it would look with the small nut meats in place and another portion where the nutmeat had been removed.  When I was a girl living on a farm, we would pick hickory nuts but it would take forever to get a significant amount of the nutmeats for my Mom to use with baking.  I used a green piece of cardstock for the background and used lighting from a bay window in the kitchen.  iPhone 6, Camera +; edited in PSE 11.
.  

No comments:

Post a Comment