Monday, February 23, 2015

Globe Thistle - Fake Sun Flare

I found some globe thistles at a grocery store and got permission to photograph them. I did not feel that gave me license to re-arrange...and so I shot with the celleophane wrapper in place. I knew I would not have time to take pictures at home due to time constraints. It was overhead lighting and the flare actually looks like it could be a hazy sun peaking behind them. (A serendipity moment I did not see until I looked at the monitor.) There was another flare at top that I used healing brush to remove. I cropped, sharpened, changed the midtones, and added vignette in PSE 11. Since this was a close up with shallow depth of field, the most forward globe is out of focus. I will have to pay attention to that more in the future and check my image closer before leaving the scene.
HDR mode was enabled.  

No comments:

Post a Comment