Thursday, February 5, 2015

Ice Crystals with Grass Indentations

                                    

I have ice crystals on my list of things to photograph this winter. This is just a piece of ice from a bird bath that I had laid on the grass from the previous day. It had acquired texture from the grass foliage. There was also some debris. I broke off about a 2 inch piece, placed it on a fushia pink turtleneck top so you would be able to see the design better. In a way it reminds me of how some tissue looks under a microscope. I cropped off the debris and thought it looked better not being in the middle.but with the bottom along the edge. I increased the shadows and then applied 1 click of the Lomo effect in PSE 11. Certainly made for interesting texture. The image on the right I cannot remember what I did exactly.  I know I sharpened and that is why there is more texture from the background fabric. I think I increased the midtones and eliminated the Lomo effect.  

No comments:

Post a Comment