Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Miniature Ice Mountains - Snow on Curb Closeup

Yesterday we had our first snow in GSO. It was maybe 1 1/2 inches and not sticking to the trees. Taking a picture in my immediate neighborhood would not be anything that looked unique or told a story. So, today I decided to see what snow mounds along the street might grab my attention. This image was taken close up with my iPhone 5s. I liked the edges of the ice and at least still white. It was about 12:30 PM- just past noonday sun. Maybe should have thrown something in for color like sliced limes, lemons, oranges or cranberries - then it would have looked like a fruit bowl. I took at an angle (every piece of ice not in same plane)  and with shallow depth of field in front lower corner not as sharp. First I used Snapseed but it did not give me the flexibility for changes in post processing I have found in PSE 11. I am calling it Miniature Mountains of Ice. I did add a blue tint in color variations to help give a feeling of coldness and then sharpening and a slight vignette in PSE 11.

No comments:

Post a Comment