Monday, February 16, 2015

Spoons Coffee Cup Sculpture - Carolina Theater, S. Greene St. Greensboro, NC

My PC computers are not working well or perhaps the operator/photographer needs to read various manuals.  Needless to say that was more of a challenge than taking the photo. The photo on the left is the original image.  The image  on the R I posted to FB with post processing I did not have a lot of editing choices that I could do in a single application and I do not PSE on my Macbook Pro.   I started with Exposure app (vintage) and then finished cropping hue & tint adjustments, vignette, and clarity in PS Express app.  Unfortunately in straightening the cup, the bricks are not level.  I am blaming on distortion issues.  This coffee cup sculpture is located near the Carolina Theater in downtown, GSO, NC.  There are 6 more sculptures to post later.  I had to go back after the first attempt because sunlight was too bright. I do not get the highlight blinks with bright highlights in my iPhone 5s. This time it was overcast. I may post an inverted image under comments later. It will look surreal. So this time I really had to edit on my iPhone and post to Facebook.  I have never really liked how iPhone/iPhoto handles images.

Wanted to show the filter "invert" image of this coffee cup. I did solarize first in PSE 11, then chose invert filter.  As you can see the areas that were dark in the other photos have reversed to light and the bricks which were lighter have now become darker. It gives a surreal effect like something you might see in the movie Avatar.  

No comments:

Post a Comment