Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Jack's Father's Pocket Watch - Still life

Today I am trying a still life object for my image. I used daylight window lighting. My husband has a pocket watch that belonged to his father. Because of the convex glass covering the face I knew it would be difficult to avoid glare. I still have some shadow on the clock hands but I feel it is minimal. Original photo taken in color with square format. The object was lying on a dark green piece of cloth that I use for backgrounds. I cropped and converted to Noir in native camera app. I did add some shadows, cloned out dog hair and lint, and sharpened using PSE 11. Did not want to use an special apps.  I think ti avoid lightness at the top edge I could have applied a vignette.  May try later with a macro lens just to see if I get more clarity with the numbers on the watch face. It definitely would not have worked using the overhead lighting from the stove light.   

No comments:

Post a Comment