Sunday, February 15, 2015

Santolina - Original & Posterize Altered Photo

I saw this Santolina in the GSO Historical Museum Garden yesterday afternoon, Feb 14th. The foliage was actually a green grey color and the plant about 10-12 inches high --about the only green herbaceous plant. Today it has probably met it's demise since our temperatures were in the single digits last night. I took the image because of it's texture with plans to change using filters, etc. The grey green one is the original image to compare with no editing. I decided to play in Pixlr.com online editing app. (the free one) but I do have the mobile one on my iPhone. I cropped the photo and sharpened, then I chose posterize, and played with the hue and saturation sliders. l did not see the seed pods (upper right corner) when I took this image but not too distracting. In the summertime this plant has yellow flowers and the foliage can give texture and color to your garden.


No comments:

Post a Comment