Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Snow on Camillia Leaves in February

Yesterday we had about an inch of snow in the Triad. I just didn't see much that would make a great landscape photo. Furthermore, lots of wrecks with road conditions and native NC residents do not know how to handle driving in snow and ice well. So, I took a picture of my camellia foliage which had snow clinging to the leaves. This was taken later in the afternoon. I left in HDR mode which makes more black and higher contrast, but used the Noir filter in the "native camera app" to make B & W when I actually shot the image. I thought it did a pretty good job and I may be able to use for texture at a latter time when I get into trying to do collages. I cropped and found filter in Pixlromatic that might work for a Christmas card background with an image of my grandchildren.. Some of their filters are too way out with bokeh and I would not use blue and yellow as that is U of M colors and I am an OSU buckeye. Did not see and Scarlet and Grey. .

No comments:

Post a Comment