Friday, February 13, 2015

NZ and Australian Desserts H.S.A. Culinary 2/9/2015

On Tuesday the Herb Society of America - NC Unit had a luncheon. Members brought foods commonly served in Australia & New Zealand. One of the members attending was originally from New Zealand. She made several desserts. I took a picture of what was on my dessert plate but I think I skipped a few. I cropped and had to rotate the photo due to the position of the plate on a granite counter. This worked because the plate was round. Overhead kitchen lighting was used - HDR mode. I added some highlights and sharpened the image to show more texture. Then I added numbers to help with identification in PSE 11.
The meringe shell with the whipped cream, topped with various fruits is Pavlova (#6). It is served at special holidays and celebrations. Anzac(#3) was a (biscuit - not cookie) served to soldiers during the World Wars. It contains oatmeal, but requires Golden Syrup as do the Ginger Fingers (#4). This is available at Whole Foods. I bought the last one on Wed. at the Friendly Center store. There is a partial scone (#2), kumara pie (#1) It contains a root vegetable like sweet potato), and there is another Herb and Cheese biscuit (4). Bon Appe'tit!!

No comments:

Post a Comment