Sunday, May 10, 2015

A Yellow Rose from My Garden for Mother's Day

For about 2 weeks I have had several roses blooming in my garden. I decided to take an image of a yellow Julia Child florabunda rose.  I first tried with grass as the background but did not think that was enough negative space.  Then I tried a purple tee shirt and a black turtle neck placed over the grass. The rose was about 6 inches above the ground.  I positioned myself at an angle for the stem & leaves..It was overcast about 10 a.m. I used Camera+, HDR mode, square format.  Post editing I used PSE with slight cropping, sharpening, increasing highlights & mid-tones slightly.  I also had to use eye dropper to pick up black color and brush the background with brush and paint bucket to get rid of the dog hair and artifacts on the black turtleneck.  Also removed some foilage in the lower right corner which I did not think helped the image.  I had added the text before the final use of the paint bucket and so edges of the text have some black flecks around the edges.  I was not willing to spend the time to remove the text and re-do but it should have been the final step. I plan to send an electronic greeting to friends/relatives who are Mothers.  

No comments:

Post a Comment