Monday, May 4, 2015

Fresh from Rudd Farm NC Strawberries 05-04-2015

Practicing food photography again.  Have a long way to go with lighting etc. I bought strawberries at Rudd Farm this a.m.   Made a strawberry glaze sauce which is an adaptation of the Frish's Strawberry Pie recipe with more liquid to make thinner sauce.  I used overhead lighting from the Halogen lights on my stove and used a beige drop cloth for the background.  With the overhead lighting there was glare on the plate with the waffles and I tried to clone to reduce this effect.  I also, used the healing brush to get rid of a wrinkle in the upper left corner of the fabric for the carton of strawberries.  The waffee plate has like a vignette due to the overhead lighting.amd more dense on the R side.  The strawberries in the quart container have some glare from the glaze as well as lighting highlights.  I may try to take the strawberies in the carton another time with natural outdoor lighting. Did not have a plain neutral color plate for the strawberries.  May have to go shopping at garage sales or thrift stores for some cheap plates and bowls if I am going to do food images.

No comments:

Post a Comment