Thursday, May 7, 2015

Dogwood Blossoms: Chinese & White Regular Compared

The regular dogwoods bloom early April in my neighborhood.  I previously posted some examples of the red blossoms that have the petal shapes of the regular dogwood.   It is the lst week in May and the Chinese  dogwoods have started to bloom.  They have a more pointed leaf.  The regular dogwood photo has minor editing.  The Chinese dogwood I cropped slightly increased the shadows, added a saturated film filter which made the center more noticeable.  Both were taken with HDR mode.  Editing was done in PSE 11.  The blossoms for the Chinese dogwoods can have a light green tinge and never get as pure white as the regular dogwood. Both images were taken after 6 pm EDST.  I really like the lighting on the regular dogwood but did not notice it that much when I actually caaptured the image.  

No comments:

Post a Comment