Friday, May 1, 2015

Winter Savory Spring and Mini Muffins with Herbal Cheese Spread

Winter savory is herb of the year 2015. Wanted to try to take a picture of some mini cheese muffins and spread.  This was a difficult photo to take.  I used outdoor lighting.  The muffins and spread are on a white paper plate that has a white doily. I shot HDR and square mode.  The spread was difficult to get textue as highlights an issue.  It is not like an iPhone has "blinkie" lights like the DSLR cameras.  Needed to position the stainless knife in a position to not have relection.  The backdrop color was a purple T-shirt but this has more of a blue-violet hue than the actual purple color..  I put a sprig of dried savory on the plate to remember what herb I used.  Any editing was done in PSE 11.
























































































































































































































































































































































































I have been trying to take more pictures of food.   It is challenging since I do not have studio lighting and have to use natural lighting or lighting above my stovetop.  It may be halogen.  For the H.S.A. herb sale I was asked to take some images of Savory plant or food that could be used for a display board.  I took a side view of a sprig of the winter savory on a white background but it looks beige/yellow.  I am going to take Emil Parkarkis iPhone Editing Course  with apps and hope to learn how to use masking which would help to darken the foreground. and cream cheese spread in the image with the mini muffins which were taken in the shade on an outdoor table with a purple tee shirt (not blue) early evening.  I had to position myself so that the stainless steel  knife did not have highlights.  I used PSE 11 to do post processing.  The original image of the mini muffins was too light to be able to really be able to fix the highlights.  HDR mode was on for both images.  .








































No comments:

Post a Comment