Sunday, May 17, 2015

Civil War Memorial Soldier - Green Hill Cemetery, GSO, NC

I went to Green Hill Cemetery in Greensboro last week to look for some statues that I had seen in a slide show presentation for the Piedmont Herb Society. You can actually take a tour 2x/year. That focus was more on all the trees in the cemetery that are now being labeled  by a horticulturist.   This statue is a memorial to all the Civil War soldiers that lost their lives.  I went about noon which is not the best lighting for highlights and shadows.  The iPhone does like sun and if I used the Camera+ app can change the exposure. HDR mode. At least thie sky was not blown out.  It is not real evident, but I did not see the grey car to the right that kind of blends into the fence. It was not evident on the LED screen. I was too busy looking at the angle I wanted for the statue placement and the trees in the background. It would have been difficult to see with my LED screen, but it showed up when I was in PSE.  I only cropped for better composition, sharpened slightly and increased the midtones.  

No comments:

Post a Comment