Friday, May 22, 2015

Cacti Close Up with Backlighting - P.J. Ciener Botanical Garden, Kernersville, NC

Was at P.J. Ciener Botanical Garden in Kernersville, NC, last Sat. to help with vendor booth for Herb Society of America.- NC.Unit.  I took a few images with the iPhone about 9:30 a.m.  They have several different succulents throughout the garden.  I always liked this one with the spikes and when I can get light shining from the back.  When you are in a public garden, you can not always remove debris or watering hoses, etc.  I liked that the shadows showed leading lines.  I do not have the app "Touch-Retouch" which is supposed to remove unwanted objects.  I am sure the image would have been better with a designated macro lens.  I did use Camera+ HDR mode. Post processing used PSE 11. I cropped, increased shadows, sharpened and decreased blue which gave a more yellow glow to the image.  The needles of the cacti would have been sharper had I used a tripod.

No comments:

Post a Comment