Thursday, July 23, 2015

Black & Blue Sage Blossoms

This is an image of my black & blue sage plant in bloom.  I have seen hummingbirds trying to get nectar.  Since humming birds are very fast and do not stick around very difficult to get an iPhone image of that action, especially if they can see you. iPhone 6, macro mode, HDR.  My friend, Sue Hughes gave me a couple plants last year and this year I have many plants and actually gave some plants to my friends.  No post processing.  I will admit to breaking off the stem with blossoms so that the leaves would be in the background for the image. Normally, they are at the end of the stalk & blowing in the breeze. This way the leaves can be used for plant ID. Good photo for a garden journal.  I could have used a vignette to make the blossoms appear more prominent.    

No comments:

Post a Comment