Saturday, July 18, 2015

Caladium Close Up - Queen White & Group @ my Mailbox

This year I tried growing 3 varieties of Caladiums by my mailbox which gets only late afternoon sun. Image on R taken with Camera+ HDR - macro mode.  This plant was originally from South America.  It is a member of the genus Araceae, commonly known as Elephant Ear, Heart of Jesus, and Angel Wings.  There are over 1000 named bicolor cultivars.   I took a md-section image of the Queen White cultivar with macro mode.  This reminded me of a city street map.  I really like the patterns of a veins.in this close up view.  The image on the right is the group image of my caladiums at my mailbox.  I just sharpened and increased the midtones in PSE.  Will have to pay more attention to these plants at nurseries and gardens for more photo opportunities.
**For more info about Caladiums:  en.m.wikipedia.org

No comments:

Post a Comment