Sunday, July 5, 2015

Lichen Colony in the Neighborhood - Macro

This image should have been posted on July lst but had
 family in from out of  town and my time was spent with 
them not the computer.  
I was walking in the neighborhood a few days ago and saw this
lichen colony on one of my neighbor's trees. Tried to take in Macro
mode with Camera+ & HDR mode.  It was a convex surface...so the lower right corner is not sharp. This image may remind you of peeled paint.  This lichen colony has an interesting pattern and texture.
Post processing I used PSE 11. I did increase the shadows, midtones, sharpen slightly and then used a color variation to decrease the red and increase the green.  I have seen other varieties of lichens on rocks and on walks in the woods. There are even botanists that specialize in lichens.

No comments:

Post a Comment