Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Gloriosa Lily - J.C. Raulston Arboretum Raleigh, NC 7/12/2015


On Sun. I went to J.C. Raulston Arboretum in Raleigh, NC.  It is part of NC State University.   These images are of the Gloriosa lily.   It is a tropical plant orginally from India or Asia. It is considered an invasive weed in Australia.  The image on the right is as taken with no post processing.  Camera+ HDR mode.  The iPhone does not have RAW image capabilty. The flowers were in a shaded area but there was bright sun.in the area.  I did not see the foliage with blue cast and did not think about changing the WB to shade.  So when I viewed the image on the computer I felt it was too blue.  On the left image I increased the mid tones, and then selected color variations and decreased the blue by 2 and increased the red by 1.  When I tried to sharpen or apply a vignette the stamens got pixelated.  So, I omitted that change.  I posted the left imaged to FB Photo Nuts Group.

No comments:

Post a Comment