Sunday, July 12, 2015

Sunflowers from Yanceyville Farmer's Curb Market 7/11/2015

On Saturday morning I went to the Yanceyville Farmer's Curb Market to buy some sunflowers. The area I found them last summer, the farmer had not planted any this year.  I found a vendor that had different varieties and they were the smaller ones that did not droop.  I selected about 9 stems and some were duplicate colors.  Later in the day I tried different lighting situations and backdrops with the iPhone. The one I am posting today was a dark green background, used window lighting but there was not much outdoor light.  So, I decided to useon camera flash.   I tried to arrange these so that some of each sunflower was showing.  I did not have a vase tall enough for the flowers.  I used a paper towel roll and cut it shorter to look like a vase. I cropped to a square, increased the midtones and shadows, sharpened in PSE.   I still want to try to find a field of sunflowers that might be planted along the state highways by the NC DOT.

No comments:

Post a Comment