Thursday, July 9, 2015

Mushrooms on a Log + More Texture with PSE

On Sunday my family and I went for a walk in NE GSO on the Laurel Bluff Trail.  I saw these mushrooms and had to capture the image on the right.  It is unedited.  I liked the mushroom having layers and thought they looked more like flowers.  So, in PSE I increased the highlights and midtones and did some medium sharpening which resulted in the image on the left.   I like it better because it defines the lines in the mushroom and gives more texture to the log.  It is possible to sharpen more and increase the light and dark sliders to come up with a more graphic design effect. P.S. When you are on a trail with non-photographers, you do not have the time to "work the scene" and take a lot of images.  

No comments:

Post a Comment