Saturday, June 13, 2015

Green Flower Ecchinacea - Trish

This is an ecchinacea that was in my neighbor's yard.  She told me what she what cultivar she thought it was but did not write it down. A lot of the plants she chooses to grow have medicinal properties.  You can see the sepals are not as rounded as the regular ecchinacea (cone flower purpura).  Would have been nice if a bee or butterfly would have been looking for nectar but you have to capture the :"moment in time" as is..  This image is without any post processing. I have upgraded to iPhone 6  but not sure which iPhone-- sometimes I borrow Jack's 5 C.  This could be considered a monochrome image with the green flower and then green foliage.  The background of the wood chips is blurred with shallow depth of field. My Echinaccea purpura will be blooming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment