Sunday, June 7, 2015

Log Cabin End of Log.Support - High Point Museum, NC (B &W, Sepia).

When I was at the Highpoint Museum I was looking for texture of the wood
used to make the log cabins.  I forget when this cabin was built.  The image was originally taken in color, but decided to use some filters. I edited  lightness/darkness sliders and sharpened in PSE 11 using  Old Fashion Photo  B& W Urban filter which was more the color I saw since wood had weathered, but I wanted to try another filter to make a sepia tone.  For the imageon the left I also rotated 270 degrees to right to get horizontal image. I pushed the sharpness to the max which I thought defined the lines better.

From Rob Depaolo, (an iPhone Editing Academy Webinar) I learned yesterday (6/6/2015) there are specific apps for the iPhone that you can shot in B & W and see what the image looks like instead of converting from color.   However, the downside is the photo can never be color unless you alter artistically. Three to try: Provoke, Lenke, Hueless and maybe Hipstamatic which I think was offering an infrared filter pak, Oggle which has lots of variations of grains.

No comments:

Post a Comment