Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Mimosa Close up

It is June and the mimosa shrubs are in bloom. It is considered an invasive plant.  I did not take the image this year, but took last year with my iPhone 5s.  It was late evening which is why you see more blue tones in the foliage.  This plant is difficult to find all blooms optimal in one area. This image reminds me of a firecracker and is one of my favorite photos.
It was taken at the Greensboro Arboretum and when I went back this summer I was unable to find the shrub.  Other shrubs blooming just have not been as "photogenic".   I know I cropped and added saturation to make the pink stand out.  When I submitted for a critique for my online iPhonology course, I was told I needed more margin but I have a feeling there were other blooms too close I did not want in the image.  

No comments:

Post a Comment