Sunday, June 28, 2015

Purple Crepe Myrtle with Fence and Close Up of Blossom Cluster

I saw this purple Crepe myrtle - Lagerstroemia indica in my neighbor's yard. I liked the backdrop with the fence.  I have always had trouble getting a good sharp detailed image even with a DSLR.  I liked the fence but need to experiment in Snapseed app with mask to paint upper right corner and the top of the fence post. Post imaging for both images I used PSE 11, increased highlights & midtones, sharpened.  
This shrub is a popular resting place for wrens and song birds. I captured that doll hanging from the branches last fall. This shrub is originally frrm Asia.  In the summer leaves are dark green but change to yellow, orange, red in the fall. Tree trunks are smooth.  Flowers come in different colors: white, pink, mauve,  purple or carmine with crimped petals in panicles up to 4 cm.  Can growm to height of 20 ft,  There seems to be an ongoing controversy about whether to prone on not.    


No comments:

Post a Comment