Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Rose of Sharon CU of Single and Double Petal Cultivars

Rose of Sharon is in bloom in NC in June.  It can be a challenge to get
a good shot because the ants love to crawl in the center and between the petals.  The left image is a double petal variety that  was in my neighbor's yard.  I used Camera+ macro, HDR mode.  The backround contains blooms that have fallen on the ground.   I used PSE increased the highlights and midtones, cloned out some disfigured petals, and sharpened. This might be one to try on a black background with window lighting.  The image on the right is the single petal variety of which there are many cultivars.  This one I also used the macro mode & HDR. Post imaging I used a vignette to make the blossom stand out more.  

No comments:

Post a Comment